Have you considered installing a stairlift but are afraid that there’s going to be a huge mess, it will take forever, you’ll have to have a section of your house practically rebuilt, and more? Provided you go with the right company and product, you can have a stair lift installed with no fuss, no muss, and in no time at all.
Here are a few quick facts about stairlifts that many people are unaware of:
- For stair lift installation, you needn’t worry about pulling the carpet on your stairs.
- There’s no need for planning permission or building permits if you want to install a stair lift.
- Your home will be disrupted as little as possible.
- There will be no damage to your wall because stair lifts attach to your stairs – not the wall.
All of that is good news to any number of individuals who may be having trouble maneuvering around their home due to injury, medical conditions, or aging.
Before Your Stair Lift Is Installed
If you’ve decided upon stair lift installation, here’s how to prepare:
- Electrical outlets near stairs – So that the stair lift can be plugged in, there will need to be an outlet near your stairs. Granted, batteries are actually used to run a stair lift, but charging on a continuous basis can be executed with an electrical outlet near the stairs. Best of all, in the case of a power outage, you will be safe – not stuck on the stairs.
- Prior to installation, take pictures – This is mostly for people who are concerned about possible damage. Before technicians arrive, take as many pictures of your staircase and surrounding areas as you wish. When the team is all done with installation, compare the pictures to the current state of your staircase. There should be no damage our mess left behind.
- Clear the stairs – On the stairway and around it, look for obstructions. Make sure that the installation of your stairlift goes smoothly by clearing obstacles out of the way of the installation crew. We’re talking flowerpots, photos, statues, etc.
Stair Lift Installation
Only a matter of hours is needed for the installation of today’s stair lifts. Your home will be minimally disrupted during this quick process. If you choose, as they work, you can watch our friendly technicians. If you have a sensitivity to dust, however, you may wish to retire to another room and just relax while our team works. Don’t worry – we’ll clean up when we’re done! Before you know it… it’s over quickly. You will once again have your independence returned to you and be able to function in your home comfortably and safely.
Would You like a Stair Lift in Your Home?
Freedom Stairlifts is proud to offer same-day delivery/installation when needed and 24-hour service. When our technicians have completed installation, they will thoroughly clean up after themselves! So, no worrying about messes or lengthy delivery times. Installation is a breeze because all you have to do is sit back and relax.
Contact us today for more information.